Sunday, December 22, 2013

First post



When I told a friend I was just finishing up writing a new fantasy novel, she suggested I start a blog. I had tried blogging very unsuccessfully before and told her so. She suggested I should try using some video showing what I was doing. I somehow could not imagine a video of me sitting in front of the computer writing. The most interesting thing would probably be when I stopped to think and the screensaver came on, and you could watch SETI search for intelligent life in the universe. Without the screensaver, you might think there is no intelligent life in this blog.

That is the preface of the start of this new attempt at blogging. I started it by researching the software available for blogging and settled on this one provided by the people at Google. My feeling was if anyone knows how to do the Internet, it is Google. It is going to take me a while to come up with a look for this blog, so be patient as I try out new things.

The last thing for this first post is that I am a writer. I have to prioritize all the writing I do.  From a writing career perspective, the top of the list has to be the creation of new fiction. I am not yet sure where blogging comes in on the list. My guess it will be the interest you express in this blog that determines where it is on my list. My next post will be about what is going on currently in my writing life and its future direction.

Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment