Monday, December 23, 2013

Remembered Christmas



My thoughts at this time a year go back to a remembered time in 1964. I was in Vietnam and had left the field and was going home, but there were no more flights out for the States until after Christmas. It was Christmas Eve afternoon, and we were gathering for the Bob Hope Christmas show in Saigon. They called a group of us and told us a flight crew from one of the airlines was willing to make a flight out on Christmas Eve. We left Vietnam at 9:30 Christmas Eve evening. Crossing the international dateline we arrived at San Francisco on Christmas Eve at almost midnight. I was home on the East Coast where I lived then on Christmas afternoon. This remains one of my most memorable Christmas memories. I want to wish all of you the best of holidays and great, glorious, and bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment