Monday, September 22, 2014

Using previews of coming attractions



As you know, the Bringer of Justice is part of a series. The design of the series is such that people and things will reappear in later books. Ske will reappear as a key element in the second book – no, I have no working title for the second book but it is in progress. Back to Ske. She will play a tiny but key role as the story progresses. Items such as the book that Ailis found, but she could not open because it was meant only for men is another item. I think it is important when you start a series to have an outline of where this story is going in general terms. An event may surprise a reader, but it was carefully foreshadowed if they stop and think about earlier events. I sometimes worry when I include a character like Ske and she only appears fleetingly. It may seem to the reader that I have forgotten her, but that is not the case. There are many clues in the Bringer of Justice about future events. I hope when you read the next novel you can look back and say, “That is why Ske was included or that is why the Corebeen book was mentioned but never used.” Now, I must get back to working on book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment